View Policies A - Z
This page provides a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all Melbourne Polytechnic policies and procedures (administrative, governance and academic). Documents that relate to the administration and management of the Institute are marked with a and are restricted to staff. Access to these policies and procedures is via staff login.
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
You can jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right policy, click this link to view the summary descriptions to help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, it may be quicker to use the dedicated Search Engine. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches. Click on ‘Search’ at the top of this page.
- Educator Capability Development PolicyThe Policy provides the means by which Melbourne Polytechnic supports its educators to continuously develop their skills and knowledge so they can provide high quality learning experiences to students. The policy outlines Melbourne Polytechnic’s expectations of its educators to build and maintain their professional practice.
- Educator Capability Development ProcedureThe purpose of this procedure is to:
a. demonstrate the strong commitment of Melbourne Polytechnic to supporting its educators to continuously develop their skills and knowledge so they can provide high quality learning experiences to our students.
b. describe the process and assign responsibility for developing and implementing the framework for educators to build and maintain their professional practice and for Melbourne Polytechnic to support them in these endeavours.
- Electronic TP Template Request and Update (VET) ProcedureThe intent of this procedure is to describe the process and assigns responsibility to create a new Electronic Student Training Plan (eSTP) Template or to update an existing eSTP Template to facilitate enrolments and recording of attendance in line with the TAFE VET Funding Contract.
- Emergency Reponse to Off-Campus Activites ProcedureTo ensure appropriate and informed responses to emergencies which might occur during off-campus student activities.
- Employee Grievances PolicyThe purpose of this policy is to provide direction and support relating to the process for resolution of complaints, grievances or employment matters raised by Melbourne Polytechnic employees.
- Employment PolicyThe purpose of this policy is to provide standards, guidelines and information associated with an employee’s employment.
- Engagement and Progression (VET and Foundation) ProcedureThe purpose of this procedure is to:
a. demonstrate the strong commitment of Melbourne Polytechnic to supporting its students to actively engage in and successfully complete their learning programs
b. describe the process and assign responsibility for proactively monitoring student engagement and progression and providing and/or recommending support for students at risk of not successfully completing their learning program.
- Engagement of Temporary Staff through Employment Agency ProcedureThe purpose is to outline a process for Schools and Service Departments for engaging temporary staff for filling up temporary vacancies.
- Enrolment (HE) PolicyThe purpose of this Enrolment Policy is to provide a framework for the enrolment of students into Melbourne Polytechnic higher education courses.
- Enrolment (HE) ProcedureThis procedure describes enrolment processes and assigns responsibility for effective implementation across Higher Education courses.
- Enrolment of a Student (VET) ProcedureThe Enrolment of a Student (VET) Procedure provides the process for new course enrolments in Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs and addresses compliance requirements of the TAFE VET Funding Contract Skills First Program.
- Enrolment of Interstate Apprentices - Cross Border Agreements (VET) ProcedureThis procedure outlines the process and assigns responsibility for enrolling Interstate Apprentices under current Cross Border Agreements with the New South Wales, Northern Territory, South Australia and Tasmanian Governments.
- Equal Opportunity, Discrimination and Harassment PolicyThe Board of Melbourne Polytechnic (the Board) is committed to providing an environment of equal opportunity and maintaining positive and safe conditions where all employees are treated with respect and equality, which contributes to employee commitment, job satisfaction, improved productivity and employee wellbeing.
- Ex Gratia Expenses PolicyThe purpose of this policy is ensure that ex gratia expenditures are effectively managed and reported as required by the Financial Reporting Directions.
- Exiting (Resignation, Retirement and Casual Employment Cessation) ProcedureThis procedure has been developed to enable a smooth transition of employees leaving Melbourne Polytechnic and to ensure all necessary tasks and requirements related to the cessation of employment are carried out thoroughly and in a timely manner. This procedure does not apply to termination of employment initiated by Melbourne Polytechnic including contract cessation.
- External Course Directory Advertising ProcedureTo centralise advertising requests for external course directory or course listing web sites (e.g. Hot Courses, Compare Courses etc) and ensure they comply with Melbourne Polytechnic’s advertising policy and Victorian Government Advertising Policy.