View Policies A - Z
This page provides a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all Melbourne Polytechnic policies and procedures (administrative, governance and academic). Documents that relate to the administration and management of the Institute are marked with a and are restricted to staff. Access to these policies and procedures is via staff login.
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
You can jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right policy, click this link to view the summary descriptions to help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, it may be quicker to use the dedicated Search Engine. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches. Click on ‘Search’ at the top of this page.
- Mail and Courier Services ProcedureThe mail and courier services procedure outlines the process involved in using the mail and courier service at Melbourne Polytechnic.
- Maintenance of Attendance Rolls - Higher Education ProcedureTo ensure attendance rolls are correctly maintained, safeguarded and available as required.
- Maintenance, Minor Works ProcedureProcess to be followed when applying for Maintenance Works and Minor Works.
- Major Institute Events ProcedureThe intent of this procedure is to ensure Institute events are of a corporate and professional standing for all institute events with a public audience.
- Management of Insurance Coverage PolicyThe purpose of this policy is to outline the various insurance coverage which is maintained by Melbourne Polytechnic. This is to ensure that all staff are aware of the various insurance covers available whilst on Institute business.
- Management of Permissions or Licences to Use Third Party Materials ProcedureTo verify details concerning permissions or licenses for Melbourne Polytechnic to reproduce material for educational purposes, where the copying exceeds allowable limits, as determined by Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) and the Educational Statutory Licenses, in which Melbourne Polytechnic are signatories of the Victorian VET and CAL Agreement. to record details in the Permissions Registry in order to appropriately manage permissions or licenses for Melbourne Polytechnic to reproduce third party materials. This document is informed by Intellectual Property Policy.
- Managing Transition of Student Enrolments in the SMS Procedure1. This procedure outlines the process and assigns responsibility to transfer enrolled students into re-accredited programs in accordance with the ASQA Standards for Registered Training Organisation (RTOs) 2015, Clause 1.26 as follows:
a. where a training product on its scope of registration is superseded, all learners’ training and assessment is completed and the relevant AQF certification documentation is issued or learners are transferred into its replacement, within a period of one year from the date the replacement training product was released on the National Register;
b. where an AQF qualification is no longer current and has not been superseded, all learners’ training and assessment is completed and the relevant AQF certification documentation issued within a period of two years from the date the AQF qualification was removed or deleted from the National Register;
c. where a skill set, unit of competency, accredited short course or module is no longer current and has not been superseded, all learners’ training and assessment is completed and the relevant AQF certification documentation issued within a period of one year from the date the skill set, unit of competency, accredited short course or module was removed or deleted from the National Register; and
d. a new learner does not commence training and assessment in a training product that has been removed or deleted from the National Register.
- Media Contact PolicyThe main purposes of this Media Contact Policy are to:
- ensure high-quality and consistent communications with the media by Melbourne Polytechnic; and
- mitigate and manage potential negative media coverage.
- Media Contact ProcedureThe intent of this procedure is to describe the process by which Marketing & Communications is aware of, and responsible for, all engagement with the media on behalf of the Institute and manages those media liaisons successfully.
- Minor Works - Cost Estimate ProcedureThe Facilities and Assets Department is responsible for the Minor works that are undertaken across the Institute. Minor Works extend the life of the asset or change it from its original function or physical structure for the Institute. Minor works extend the life of the asset or change it from its original function or physical structure.
- Moderation and Validation (HE) ProcedureThe purpose of this procedure is to provide a process for assessment moderation and validation processes. This procedure is a part of the Melbourne Polytechnic Assessment Framework and responds to the Assessment, Credit and Moderation (HE) Policy.
- Motor Vehicle PolicyThis policy outlines the provision of Melbourne Polytechnic motor vehicle use for business and private use.
- Motor Vehicle ProcedureThe intent of this procedure is to provide details for the booking of pool vehicles and the purchase of institute vehicles.
- Movement of Assets (Leased Assets) ProcedureThe purpose of this procedure is to ensure all assets moved permanently between schools, departments, buildings or campuses are authorised and recorded.